We provide the latest Mathematics news from all of the corners of the globe.
Please browse through our daily news feeds below, all data has been hand selected and approved by our Editor in Chief.
The Official News from the Mathematical Association of America has duly been updated below:
- : MAA Announces Winners of National Education Award - News
WASHINGTON, DC - The Edyth May Sliffe Awards for Distinguished Mathematics Teaching in Middle School and High School are given annually to middle and high school mathematics teachers who have done outstanding work to motivate students in mathematics by participating in one of the MAA American Mathematics Competitions (AMC) competitions.
- : Mathematicians Honored by MAA for Service and Teaching - News
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The top mathematics educators were honored by the Mathematical Association of America for their dedication to teaching and engaging students during MAA MathFest in Cincinnati on Aug. 2, 2019. The awards recognize excellence in mathematics teaching and the authors of education materials used in the classroom. The awards also honor MAA members for their service to the field of mathematics and to the Association.
- : Top Mathematics Writing Honored at MAA MathFest - News
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Prizes for the year’s best mathematics writing were given on Aug. 2, 2019 in Cincinnati by the Mathematical Association of America at MAA MathFest, the annual meeting of the Mathematical Association of America.
- : U.S. Places First at International Mathematics Competition in U.K. - News
- : Top High School Math Olympians Announced by MAA American Mathematics Competitions - News
WASHINGTON, DC - Sixteen top high school math students were honored for their excellence in mathematical olympiads on June 3, 2019 during a ceremony in Washington, D.C. at the U.S. Department of State.
Also the Official News from Science Daily has been added below:
- Mon, 26 Oct 2020 13:54:11 +0000: Divide and conquer :A new formula to minimize 'mathemaphobia' - Mathematics News -- ScienceDaily
Maths - it's the subject some kids love to hate, yet despite its lack of popularity, mathematics is critical for a STEM-capable workforce and vital for current and future productivity. New research finds that boosting student confidence in maths, is pivotal to greater engagement with the subject.
- Thu, 22 Oct 2020 18:45:49 +0000: How genetic variation gives rise to differences in mathematical ability - Mathematics News -- ScienceDaily
DNA variation in a gene called ROBO1 is associated with early anatomical differences in a brain region that plays a key role in quantity representation, potentially explaining how genetic variability might shape mathematical performance in children, according to a new study.
- Wed, 21 Oct 2020 18:09:08 +0000: Novel method for measuring spatial dependencies turns less data into more data - Mathematics News -- ScienceDaily
Researcher makes 'little data' act big through, the application of mathematical techniques normally used for time-series, to spatial processes.
- Wed, 21 Oct 2020 15:32:43 +0000: Mass screening method could slash COVID-19 testing costs, trial finds - Mathematics News -- ScienceDaily
Using a new mathematical approach to screen large groups for COVID-19 could be around 20 times cheaper than individual testing, a study suggests.
- Mon, 19 Oct 2020 16:55:37 +0000: A new approach to artificial intelligence that builds in uncertainty - Mathematics News -- ScienceDaily
Artificial intelligence isn't perfect. In fact, it's only as good as the methods and data built into it. Researchers have detailed a new approach to artificial intelligence that builds uncertainty, error, physical laws, expert knowledge and missing data into its calculations and leads ultimately to much more trustworthy models.