We provide the latest Mathematics news from all of the corners of the globe.
Please browse through our daily news feeds below, all data has been hand selected and approved by our Editor in Chief.
The Official News from the Mathematical Association of America has duly been updated below:
- : American Mathematical Society and Mathematical Association of America Announce AMS Acquisition of MAA Book Program - News
PROVIDENCE, RI, - The American Mathematical Society and the Mathematical Association of America announced September 29 an agreement for the AMS to acquire the MAA’s book publishing program. The high-quality mathematics titles and textbooks developed and edited by MAA Press will now be published as an imprint of the AMS Book Program. This agreement includes all existing MAA Press books, as well as a renewable license to continue to publish new books under the MAA Press imprint.
- : MAA Announces $150,000 to Increase Diversity in Math - News
Washington, DC--The Mathematical Association of America, on behalf of the Tensor Foundation, awarded $159,700 in funding to 30 institutions supporting women and underrepresented groups in mathematics in 2017.
- : Top Mathematics Writers Awarded Prizes at MAA MathFest - News
WASHINGTON, DC -- Awards for the year’s best mathematics writing were given on July 27 in Chicago by the Mathematical Association of America at MAA MathFest, one of the largest gathering of mathematicians in the country.
- : Nation’s Top Mathematics Educators Honored for 2017 - News
WASHINGTON, DC -- This year’s top mathematics educators were honored at for their dedication to teaching the next generation of quantitative thinkers with the mathematical skills to tackle real-world problems at the Mathematical Association of America MathFest in Chicago on July 27. The awards honor mathematics teaching and the authors of educational materials used in the classroom.
- : U.S. Students Bring Home Medals at International Mathematics Competition in Brazil - News
Also the Official News from Science Daily has been added below:
- Thu, 19 Oct 2017 14:09:41 +0000: Mathematically modeling HIV drug pharmacodynamics - Mathematics News -- ScienceDaily
Complete elimination of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) presents a challenge due to latent viral reservoirs within the body that can help re-establish infection. In a new paper, researchers propose a mathematical model that investigates the effects of drug parameters and dosing schedules on HIV latent reservoirs and viral load dynamics.
- Mon, 16 Oct 2017 23:03:26 +0000: Shaping animal, vegetable and mineral - Mathematics News -- ScienceDaily
A new technique to grow any target shape from any starting shape has now been developed by researchers, outlines a new report.
- Thu, 05 Oct 2017 14:27:29 +0000: Computer model unravels knotty problems in DNA - Mathematics News -- ScienceDaily
If you've ever tried to untangle a pair of earbuds, you'll understand how loops and cords can get twisted up. DNA can get tangled in the same way, and in some cases, has to be cut and reconnected to resolve the knots. Now a team of mathematicians, biologists and computer scientists has unraveled how E. coli bacteria can unlink tangled DNA by a local reconnection process. The math behind the research could have implications far beyond biology.
- Wed, 04 Oct 2017 13:51:19 +0000: What is STEM education? - Mathematics News -- ScienceDaily
Everyone needs a good teacher -- including teachers. Two new studies show how digging deeper into what STEM education means and strategically designing online classrooms can enhance teaching science, technology, engineering, and math.
- Wed, 27 Sep 2017 14:23:58 +0000: On a collision course with game theory - Mathematics News -- ScienceDaily
How do pedestrians behave in a large crowd? How do they avoid collisions? How can their paths be modeled? A new approach developed by mathematicians provides answers to these questions.