We provide the latest Mathematics news from all of the corners of the globe.
Please browse through our daily news feeds below, all data has been hand selected and approved by our Editor in Chief.
The Official News from the Mathematical Association of America has duly been updated below:
- : MAA to Honor Exemplary Mathematical Papers and Service at Joint Mathematics Meetings - News
- : MAA to Honor Authors of Year’s Best Books in Mathematics - News
- : Taylor & Francis Group and the Mathematical Association of America begin publishing partnership in 2018 - News
Taylor & Francis Group and the Mathematical Association of America (MAA) are pleased to announce their new publishing partnership beginning in 2018.
Taylor & Francis Group will publish three journals on behalf of the association: The American Mathematical Monthly, College Mathematics Journal, and Mathematics Magazine, as well as one of the association magazines, Math Horizons.
- : MAA Authors selected for 'Best Writing on Mathematics' - News
The Mathematical Association of America is happy to announce that two articles from MAA publications have been selected in The Best Writing on Mathematics 2017, a Princeton University Press collection.
The MAA is proud that authors who publish with the MAA continue to set the bar for excellence in mathematical writing.
- : American Mathematical Society and Mathematical Association of America Announce AMS Acquisition of MAA Book Program - News
PROVIDENCE, RI, - The American Mathematical Society and the Mathematical Association of America announced September 29 an agreement for the AMS to acquire the MAA’s book publishing program. The high-quality mathematics titles and textbooks developed and edited by MAA Press will now be published as an imprint of the AMS Book Program. This agreement includes all existing MAA Press books, as well as a renewable license to continue to publish new books under the MAA Press imprint.
Also the Official News from Science Daily has been added below:
- Thu, 18 Jan 2018 15:08:02 +0000: A centuries-old math equation used to solve a modern-day genetics challenge - Mathematics News -- ScienceDaily
Researchers developed a new mathematical tool to validate and improve methods used by medical professionals to interpret results from clinical genetic tests.
- Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:10:54 +0000: The Fields Medal fallacy: Why this math prize should return to its roots - Mathematics News -- ScienceDaily
The Fields Medal, whose origins date back to the 1930s, will be issued again this year in August to up to four of the world's most accomplished mathematicians under the age of 40. Experts now propose that the Fields Medal return to its roots as a tool intended to shape the future of mathematics, rather than recognizing those who have already found the spotlight.
- Tue, 16 Jan 2018 13:50:00 +0000: Math can predict how cancer cells evolve - Mathematics News -- ScienceDaily
Applied mathematics can be a powerful tool in helping predict the genesis and evolution of different types of cancers, a study has found.
- Fri, 05 Jan 2018 18:52:55 +0000: Batman's Gotham City provides test case for community resilience model - Mathematics News -- ScienceDaily
If a community is resilient, it can withstand and recover from an unanticipated disaster, like an earthquake, fire or flood. But since every disaster and every community is unique, a uniform measure for defining 'resilience' has been hard to come by for engineers and social scientists. A new study offers an innovative approach to defining resilience that could help communities better prepare for hazards.
- Fri, 05 Jan 2018 18:52:47 +0000: Radiation therapy algorithm could reduce side effects, maintain effect against tumors - Mathematics News -- ScienceDaily
A mathematical model for computing radiation therapy treatments could substantially reduce patient side effects while delivering the same results as conventional radiation therapy.