We provide the latest Mathematics news from all of the corners of the globe.
Please browse through our daily news feeds below, all data has been hand selected and approved by our Editor in Chief.
The Official News from the Mathematical Association of America has duly been updated below:
- : MAA Announces Winners of National Education Award - News
WASHINGTON, DC - The Edyth May Sliffe Awards for Distinguished Mathematics Teaching in Middle School and High School are given annually to middle and high school mathematics teachers who have done outstanding work to motivate students in mathematics by participating in one of the MAA American Mathematics Competitions (AMC) competitions.
- : Mathematicians Honored by MAA for Service and Teaching - News
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The top mathematics educators were honored by the Mathematical Association of America for their dedication to teaching and engaging students during MAA MathFest in Cincinnati on Aug. 2, 2019. The awards recognize excellence in mathematics teaching and the authors of education materials used in the classroom. The awards also honor MAA members for their service to the field of mathematics and to the Association.
- : Top Mathematics Writing Honored at MAA MathFest - News
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Prizes for the year’s best mathematics writing were given on Aug. 2, 2019 in Cincinnati by the Mathematical Association of America at MAA MathFest, the annual meeting of the Mathematical Association of America.
- : U.S. Places First at International Mathematics Competition in U.K. - News
- : Top High School Math Olympians Announced by MAA American Mathematics Competitions - News
WASHINGTON, DC - Sixteen top high school math students were honored for their excellence in mathematical olympiads on June 3, 2019 during a ceremony in Washington, D.C. at the U.S. Department of State.
Also the Official News from Science Daily has been added below:
- Fri, 26 Feb 2021 15:38:14 +0000: Early-warning for seizures could be a game-changer for epilepsy patients - Mathematics News -- ScienceDaily
A research team has developed mathematical model to predict seizures that will give epilepsy patients an accurate warning five minutes to one hour before they are likely to experience a seizure.
- Thu, 18 Feb 2021 19:28:33 +0000: Engineers place molecule-scale devices in precise orientation - Mathematics News -- ScienceDaily
A technique for controlling the orientation of manufactured DNA shapes now removes one of the last barriers for the combination of molecular devices with conventional semiconductor chips.
- Tue, 16 Feb 2021 16:51:04 +0000: Mathematical modeling to identify factors that determine adaptive therapy success - Mathematics News -- ScienceDaily
Researchers report results from their study using mathematical modeling to show that cell turnover impacts drug resistance and is an important factor that governs the success of adaptive therapy.
- Thu, 11 Feb 2021 19:44:20 +0000: Mathematical modeling suggests kids half as susceptible to COVID-19 as adults - Mathematics News -- ScienceDaily
A new computational analysis suggests that people under the age of 20 are about half as susceptible to COVID-19 infection as adults, and they are less likely to infect others.
- Wed, 10 Feb 2021 20:33:12 +0000: Computational medicine: Moving from uncertainty to precision - Mathematics News -- ScienceDaily
An innovative partnership takes aim at medicine down to the individual level by applying state-of-the-art computation to medical care.